Feb 16

Colin Kaepernick, Eric Reid settle collusion grievances against NFL

0 comments

Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid have settled their respective collusion grievances against the NFL.

Attorney Mark Geragos, who has represented the two players in the matter, and the NFL each confirmed the confidential agreement in a joint statement Friday afternoon.

"For the past several months, counsel for Mr. Kaepernick and Mr. Reid have engaged in an ongoing dialogue with representatives of the NFL," Geragos and the NFL said in the statement. "As a result of those discussions, the parties have decided to resolve the pending grievances. The resolution of this matter is subject to a confidentiality agreement so there will be no further comment by any party."

Financial terms of the settlements were not disclosed. Yahoo! Sports reported a final hearing on the collusion grievances had been scheduled for this month.

The NFL Players Association said in a statement that it is not aware of the details of the settlements but supported the players' decision.

"We continuously supported Colin and Eric from the start of their protests, participated with their lawyers throughout their legal proceedings and were prepared to participate in the upcoming trial in pursuit of both truth and justice for what believe the NFL and its clubs did to them," the union said in the statement. "We are glad that Eric has earned a job and a new contract and we continue to hope that Colin gets his opportunity as well."

Kaepernick, who was the first NFL player to kneel during the national anthem as a means of protesting police brutality and racial inequality, filed his grievance against the NFL in October 2017 under the league's collective bargaining agreement. Reid, Kaepernick's former teammate, filed a similar grievance in May.

The players alleged that NFL owners had colluded to keep them out of the league because of their protests, which sent ripples across the league during the 2016 and 2017 seasons — particularly after President Donald Trump used an expletive at a rally to describe protesting players, and blasted the NFL for allowing the protests in the first place.

Kaepernick remains a free agent, while Reid has since returned to the NFL. He joined the Carolina Panthers midway through last season and recently signed a three-year deal with the team worth $22 million.

"If anything, it proves my point from last year," Reid said of his new contract. "I didn't sign until the (fourth) week and did for almost the league minimum. And this year I signed a more substantial contract. And nothing has changed. I'm still the same player."

New Posts
  • aint watching that hit job. why them bitches wait till he dead before they come out with this bullshit. aaand we got another strange ass mame in this bitch shading. They testified under oath that MJ never did anything inappropriate to them...I'm not watching the documentary because which lie do they want us to believe... FUCK HBO!! � � I will be checking it out on demand. What I find odd is why wait to tell the truth if it is truth. I mean didn't one of those two guys appear before a court hearing on the early 2000's when Michael was being accused? One of them stated nothing never occurred even remotely sexually with Michael being a sexual predator. However, I believe at one time I read some where Quincy Jones might have made a statement towards Michael as well as those who lived at his estate in Neverland Ranch to think strongly not having a kid or kids hanging up around him and or sleeping in his bed with him, etc., etc. Sorry,folks but it doesn't seem right even if it would have been his own children after a period in a child's life with sleeping in the same bed. Folks always trying to make a name for themselves lately, off the skins of someone else's success. Rather on Social Media or Documentaries.
  • Sen. Kamala Harris gets backlash over question about reparations for African-Americans The interview revealed reparations may be a signature issue for African-American voters in 2020. In a recent interview with theGrio at Power Rising 2019 in New Orleans, Sen. Kamala Harris  sat for a wide-ranging discussion about her 2020 presidential run, her policy agenda for Black America, and her plan to beat Donald Trump in 2020 – but it was a question about reparations for African Americans, which sparked online backlash. ADOS (American Descendants of Slavery) Backlash The backlash from the clip was instant and most pronounced from self-described members of ADOS (American Descendants of Slavery) , a growing movement of Black Americans who advocate for a separate policy agenda and reparations for descendants of slavery in the U.S. WHAT R UR THOUGHTS ON THIS TOPIC
  • A Florida student aged just 11 has been arrested after refusing to recite the Pledge of Allegiance, calling it racist to black people and then allegedly threatening his teacher. The schoolboy was kicked out of class Lawton Chiles Middle Academy in Lakeland after refusing to stand, Bay News 9 reports. He was arrested by the school resource officer and taken to a juvenile detention center after allegedly refusing to follow multiple commands. According to the arrest affidavit he also repeatedly called school leaders racist and threatened to get staff fired. The report says the boy, who doesn't normally stand for the pledge, said: 'I'm going to beat that teacher. I'm going to get all of you fired.' He denies threatening to beat the teacher. Trouble is said to have flared when a substitute teacher asked the youngster to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance. When he refused, saying the flag and national anthem were offensive to black people, the teacher said she asked: 'Why if it was so bad here he did not go to another place to live. The boy is said to have replied: 'They brought me here.' In a statement to the district the teacher said she answered: 'Well you can always go back, because I came here from Cuba and the day I feel I'm not welcome here anymore I would find another place to live.' 'Then I had to call the office because I did not want to continue dealing with him.' Now his mother, Dhakira Talbot, said any disciplinary action should have been taken by the school, not law enforcement. She told Bay News 9: 'I'm upset, I'm angry. I'm hurt. More so for my son. My son has never been through anything like this. I feel like this should've been handled differently. 'If any disciplinary action should've been taken, it should've been with the school. He shouldn't have been arrested. 'She was wrong. She was way out of place. If she felt like there was an issue with my son not standing for the flag, she should've resolved that in a way different manner than she did. 'I want the charges dropped and I want the school to be held accountable for what happened because it shouldn't have been handled the way it was handled.' The boy was charged with disrupting a school function and resisting arrest without violence. The sixth grader was also suspended for three days. A school district spokeswoman said students do not have to participate in the Pledge of Allegiance and children can opt out with written permission, but the substitute teacher wasn't aware of this. It is understood the substitute will no longer work at any of the district's schools. These SOBs will get it sooner or later